Arta opens two accounts for members at our broker/dealer and custodian BNY Mellon I Pershing:
- Allows for self-directed trading of securities. We call this "Stocks & ETFs" or "Equities" in the Arta app.
- Serves as a “holding pen” for cash before it’s allocated to a specific investment, including AMPs, Alternative Investments, and our Family Office Services. All funds moved into Arta land in the self managed account first.
- While funds in this account are waiting to be deployed, they are invested in a money market fund to accrue interest.
- When an AMP or other security is liquidated, the cash is deposited into the self managed account, where it can be deployed to another investment or withdrawn.
- Arta has full discretion over this account, including trading, portfolio allocation, and portfolio rebalancing.
- Funds move from the self–managed account to the full discretion account when an AMP (AI-Managed Portfolio) is created.
If you have any questions at all about Arta accounts, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.