- Wires must be initiated from your financial institution instead of from within the Arta app. As such, each financial institution has its own form and may use its own terminology for field names which adds complexity to the wire transfer process.
- Wires can only be used to transfer cash.
ACH / Linked Account:
- These funds may only be used to fund an AMP or other Public Market Strategy. To deploy funds transferred in via ACH to an Alternative Investment, the funds must have been deposited with Arta at least 60 days prior.
- Arta reserves the right to restrict the immediate withdrawal of funds sent via ACH.
- Funds transferred via ACH are subject to a 4–5 day settlement period before they can be deployed to an investment.
- ACH can only be used to transfer cash.
- Currently, AMPs and ALTs can only be funded with cash but transferring securities onto Arta via ACATs transfer is a great way to build collateral in your Arta account for products such as a line of credit and Income Stream Options.
- Currently, the only holdings we are able to display in the Arta app are ETFs, single-name equities, and mutual funds. Fixed-income securities and other investment products will not be visible in the Arta app once they are transferred over to Arta's broker-dealer and custodian, BNY Mellon | Pershing. Currently, any asset held at Pershing that is not displayed in the Arta app is not able to be traded using Arta mobile or Arta on web.
- Mutual funds may be moved into Arta via ACATs and will be displayed in your Arta portfolio. However, Arta does not currently support the trading of mutual funds.
- If you prefer to transfer only a portion of your portfolio and/or select certain tax lots, you must initiate the transfer at your original brokerage. If you need help filling out the paperwork required by your brokerage, please email us at email@example.com.
- Transferring shares from employee stock plan accounts can add an additional layer of complexity. For best results, please transfer the shares to an individual brokerage account before starting the ACATS. Please confirm with your firm’s administrators regarding any restrictions around transferring these units.
If you have any questions at all about funding your Arta account, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help!