Create your Arta Account:
During the account creation process, Arta will verify your identity. This process typically takes 2–3 days. If we need any additional information, you’ll receive an email from our Membership team.
Open an Investment Account:
Next, we'll open two accounts on your behalf at our broker-dealer and custodian, BNY Mellon | Pershing -- a Self-Managed account, and a Full-Discretion account.
- The Self-Managed account is a transitory account where your funds will sit until they are applied to an investment. The self-managed account houses assets that have been transferred into Arta or have been purchased using our self-directed trading functionality.
- If you apply funds to an AMP(AI-Managed Portfolio), those funds will move from the Self-Managed account to the Full-Discretion account, which is an account that Arta manages on your behalf.
- Funds deposited into your self-managed account are invested in a money market fund where they accrue interest. You can learn more about the average return rates for this account type.
- When you allocate funds to an Alternative Investment, the funds are sent from your self-managed account directly to the fund manager when you invest in ALTs. Please note that some of Arta's Alternative Investments are on a capital call structure, meaning that funds are not due at the same time as the commitment is made. Other Alternative Investments are funded upfront at the time of commitment.
- You will receive statements and occasional communications from Pershing and you can view these statements from within your Arta mobile app. To view your documents, tap on your family office name/avatar from the home screen of the Arta app and tap on "Important Documents." However, some Alternative Investment funds will send statements via mail, depending on the fund.
If you have any questions about how your Arta account works, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We're here to help!